5 Tips to Help Your Body Detox a Little Every Day
While most people know that they need to detox, many people don't like the thoughts of what it means. While elimination is obviously an important part of detoxification, it doesn't have to be a negative experience. In fact, if you take steps every day to detoxify, you don't necessarily need to participate in a "hard core" detoxification system. Detoxification can help improve digestion, aid in weight loss, increase energy, and fight inflammation by helping to eliminate toxins from the body.
In addition to the tips below, it is also important to eliminate or reduce other toxins like smoking, sugar intake, drinking alcohol, using toxic personal care items (make-up, deoderant, lotions, etc), and stress. No matter how hard you try to avoid toxins, they are unavoidable. Here are 5 you can do every day to help your body release toxins daily:
- Wake up to Water with Fresh Squeezed Lemon--If you read my post on establishing a morning routine, you know that this is one thing I do every day. Before I go to bed, I fill a glass of water, squeeze some lemon into it and it is placed beside my bed. I drink it as soon as my feet hit the floor. Some people prefer warm water and some say it is even more effective. But, I drink mine luke warm first thing! Lemon improves digestion and is said to help cleanse the liver!
- Take baths with Epsom Salts--Epsom salts are made of magnesium sulfate, which helps draw toxins through the pores. Depending on the size of your tub, add 1-2 cups of Epsom Salts to very warm water. For extra detoxification, add 1/4 cup of baking soda and your favorite essential oils (mine are frankincense, lavendar, orange, peppermint).
- Sweat it Out--Exercise is always a great way to remove toxins by stimulating the lymph system and by working up a sweat. There are so many different forms of exercise, find one that suits you and sweat it out. Another option, infrared saunas. We actually own our own, but you may also get access to one at a local spa or health center.
- Sleep--ensuring 7-9 hours of sleep a night allows your body and organs to fully restore. Your body needs to be well rested in order to help it function properly and to help it detoxify as it should.
- Eat and/or drink your greens--make sure that you are adding plenty of green leafy veggies to your diet. Spinach, kale, cilantro, parsley. Put them in a salad or mix them in your blender with some other fruits and veggies. Another simple and great option can be found here, in a superfood drink that you can easily shake up and drink. I drink this daily and it contains more nutrition in one packet than most people have consumed in quite some time. It comes from the moringa oleifera plant and is packed with over 92 vitamins and minerals.
On top of doing these things, it's important to get in a regular habit of eating healthy and just adopting a healthy lifestyle. Eat plenty of fiber in your fruits and veggies, hydrate well every day, destress, and take care of you. Detoxification doesn't have to be an unpleasant process; by taking daily steps you can detoxify a little every day and keep your body functioning at it's best!
P.S. Let's connect! If you have a question or comment, drop it in the box below! If you want to continue to receive updates from me, please enter your email in the box below! And if you're a focused, hard working, driven woman, looking to pursue a home based career, contact me, now! Wishing you great success!